YETI Job Description
Assist Children's Program ski and snowboard instructors to provide high quality lessons for each individual child. Prepare for a potential position as a ski or snowboard instructor by developing the required safety, class handling, teaching, technical, customer service, interpersonal and skiing/snowboarding skills.
Reports to: Children's Program supervisors, Children's Program Director, Snowsports Director.
Works Closely With: Guests, Children's Program instructors, Customer Service Personnel
- Assist in conducting daily activities and lessons and create a safe, fun learning environment
- Present a professional, friendly and courteous image to all Children's Program guests
- Follow all Holiday Valley and Snowsports specific policies and procedures
- Assist in preparing the Children's Program learning and activity areas
- Assist Children's Program desk employees with registration and rental processes
- Continue personal growth in skiing, snowboarding and teaching.
The responsibilities that are listed are not all inclusive. Other duties may develop or be assigned as needed in the ever growing and changing atmosphere of the organization.
- 14 or 15 years old
- Reliable transportation to and from resort. Able to work every other weekend and most school holidays
- Have own ski or snowboard equipment
- Awareness of on snow safety
- Strong interest in working with children. Previous experience working with children preferred.
- Positive, friendly attitude
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Self-motivated, patient, mature. Willingness and ability to learn.
- Ability to exceed guest expectations
- Able to ski or snowboard at intermediate to advanced level. Advanced level preferred.
- Committed to provide an upbeat and fun environment for guests and staff.
Applicants are required to complete a Holiday Valley job application. The application may be complete online, or print out a job application, or picked up and dropped off at the Holiday Valley Resort Services Center. Applications must be returned by October 31, 2016. Applicants will be interviewed and the most qualified individuals will be selected for the program. The number of positions that are available each season varies and is dependent upon staffing requirements and the number of YETI's that are returning from the prior year.