Fall Foliage Weekends
Sat 2nd – Sun 31st Oct 2021 11AM – 5PM
Take a ride up the Mardi Gras or Spruce Lake chairlifts on Saturdays and Sundays during the month of October to view the spectacular fall leaves on the hillsides of Holiday Valley.
- $10 per person, kids 6 and under are free. We highly recommend purchasing lift tickets in advance. Please note: dogs, backpacks or bags are not permitted on the lift.
- And for the extra adventurous, try the “Walk on the Wild Side”. You get one ride on Mardi Gras chair, one ride on Spruce Lake chair and one mountain coaster ride. Suggested route: ride up Mardi Gras, hike down Candy Cane to Sky High base, ride the coaster, ride up Spruce chair, hike the cross country trails back to Mardi Gras and down Mardi Gras! Allow 3 to 4 hours to complete this tour and the hike is on dirt/grass trails that may be muddy. Plan to be back at the top of Mardi Gras by at least 4:00 PM for downloading.
- Guess the weight of the giant pumpkin at the bottom of Mardi Gras. Weekly winners of $20 Holiday Valley gift card!
- Hot dogs, sausage and burgers served at the top of Mardi Gras.
- Sky High Adventure Park is open on weekends through October 31 including the Aerial Park, Mountain Coaster, Climbing Forest, Gem Mining and e-bike rentals.
- Hike the miles and miles of trails at Holiday Valley...or try our Geocaching treasure hunt!
- Explore the 32 miles of WNYMBA Mountain Biking trails on the state land behind Holiday Valley. A detailed topographical map is available at the Inn at Holiday Valley front desk, $10 to support WNYMBA.
- The 18 hole Double Black Diamond Golf Course is truly spectacular in the fall.
- Golf Shop and Mountain Shop will have "Bargains Beyond Belief" at the Sidewalk Sales in the base area, 11:30AM-4PM.
- American Hawkeye Birds of Prey plans to have birds on display/flying at the top of Spruce.
- October 10 Fall Scramble! 4 or 8 mile trail run starting with a chairlift ride to the top of Spruce.
- The Inn, Tamarack and Rental Management Properties have great prices for lodging all through the fall.
Events and activities will be held weather permitting. Other family friendly activities will take place, stay tuned.