For nearly two years, Samantha Dederick has been a staple at the Ellicottville Oasis Spa at the Tamarack Club. Her commitment to her clients, combined with her vibrant persona make her one of the many reasons why guests of the spa are so complimentary of its services. Combine that with her passion for the outdoors and it’s easy to see why Samantha is right at home at Holiday Valley.
1. For those who don’t know you, describe yourself in 5 words or less?
If I had to describe myself in five words or less it would be hardworking, quiet, and caring
2. How long have you been part of the spa team?
I have been working in the spa coming up on two years
3. What is your favorite part of the winter season?
My favorite part about the winter season is taking my kids skiing.
4. What is it about your job that gets you excited to come to work every day?
What gets me excited to come to work is working with people. I love being able to help people whether it be with pain management or to just relax.
5. What’s your specialty at the spa? If someone is looking to book a session with you, what treatment should they get?
I am a massage therapist and an esthetician so if someone was looking to book a session with me I would recommend a hot stone massage, facial, or hydrafacial.
6. Sunny bluebird day or powder day?
Sunny blue bird day
7. When you’re not at work, how are you spending your time in the winter?
When I’m not at work, I try to get my family outside as much as possible. We like to ski/snowboard and hike.
8. You treat all kinds of different people who travel from all over. What’s the most rewarding experience you’ve had at work?
The most rewarding experience I’ve had at work is learning. In this industry there is always room for improvement, always more to learn and I love that.
9. There’s a great, energetic team set up at the spa. What is the funniest story (that you can tell) that you have about working at the spa?
N/A there's nothing appropriate to report :)
10. Your favorite place to eat in Ellicottville is…?
My favorite place to eat in Ellicottville is EBC I always get a Blueberry and Chicken Caprese sandwich.
11. What’s your best Holiday Valley memory?
My best Holiday Valley memory is my husband teaching me to ski there.
12. Favorite slope? Why?
My favorite slope is Tannenbaum because it’s so pretty up there.
13. How many days are you aiming to get on snow this season?
I’m aiming to get out as much as possible this season.
14. What’s one thing about Holiday Valley that everyone should know and/or what makes this place so special to you?
One thing that’s special about Holiday Valley is that it’s a great place to bring your family to enjoy a season that some people otherwise hibernate through. Winter can be a lot of fun and Holiday Valley helps make that possible.