Guests of The Inn at Holiday Valley are in for a treat when they walk through the main entrance and see Kailey Fitzpatrick behind the front desk. Her bright smile and outgoing personality is the perfect greeting to anyone who is just about to start their Holiday Valley vacation.
1. Describe yourself in 5 words or less?
Energetic, outgoing, there’s never a dull moment with me (editor's note: slightly more than 5 words but we'll chalk it up to being so energetic!)
2. How long have you been part of the Holiday Valley team?
I spent 5 years with Food & Beverage for both the Summer & Winter seasons. I am currently the Front Desk Manager at The Inn.
3. What is your favorite part of the winter season?
The amount of people that come to visit. It’s amazing to see where people come from and how far they travel to come visit our small yet lively town!
4. What is it about your job that gets you excited to come to work every day?
My boss hands down! Alison is beyond welcoming and goes above and beyond for my coworkers and I. I can go to her for anything.
5. What’s the most funny thing that has happened to you at The Inn?
There are too many funny things that have happened so it’s hard to pinpoint one thing. I do have a memorable moment and that would be the Spring of 2021 when we rescued 4 kittens, 2 of which got stuck in one of the railings. It was a team effort to get them out and 2 of them were adopted by 2 of our staff!
6. If you ski/ride – how many days are you aiming to get this season?
Ideally I’d like to get out at least once a week.
7. Sunny bluebird day or powder day?
That’s a hard one but definitely powder day. You have to get the full experience of the snow while you can.
8. When you’re not at work, how are you spending your time in the winter?
I spend a lot of time with my family. Nothing beats my mom’s home cooked meals!
9. Day skiing/riding or night? Why?
Night skiing. There’s just about skiing with all the lights on that makes it so enjoyable.
10. Best music to listen to after a day on the slopes?
I don’t have a specific one but honestly anything upbeat!
11. Describe the team at The Inn. What is it that makes it such a fun group to work with?
The Inn is a family. We do not separate ourselves by our departments. Everyone gets along so well and are always helping each other out.
12. What’s your best Holiday Valley memory?
Going to the Ski Club with my Dad and siblings and meeting up with my Grandpa. He would always be grilling hot dogs and have a can of Diet Coke waiting and then we’d spend the day on the slopes.
13. Favorite slope? Why?
I wouldn’t say I’m the best skier so I like to stay on the Green Slopes but I tend to give the Blue ones a go every now and then.
14. What’s one thing about Holiday Valley that everyone should know?
There is always something to do and even If you’re not a skier/ snowboarder there are always events going on that are open to the public!