When the temperatures drop in Western New York, JR Reynolds and his team of dedicated snowmakers spring into action in order to cover the slopes of Holiday Valley with an abundance of snow. It’s a task that requires a lot of perseverance and is an instrumental component to a successful ski season.
1. For those who don’t know you, describe yourself in 5 words or less?
Dedicated, energetic, family orientated
2. How long have you been part of the Holiday Valley team? And what is your position here at the resort?
I been a part of H.V. family 3 years myself and family members over 30. I am the newly appointed Snowmaking Manager.
3. What is your favorite part of the winter season?
I enjoy the snow and brisk clear nights
4. What is it about your job that gets you excited to come to work every day?
My dedicated team, the laughs the smiles of customers having a good day making family memories.
5. Where are you from and what brought you to Holiday Valley?
I am originally from Sanborn, NY what brought me to Holiday Valley was the beautiful town and people. My family has been coming here for over 30 years.
6. Sunny bluebird day or powder day?
Powder is always great but I’ll take a clear, cold, crisp, sunny day. I’m not too fussy.
7. When you’re not at work, how are you spending your time in the winter?
When I’m not at work, I enjoy spending the day with my kids, dogs and goats. And catching up on some TV shows.
8. The best thing to do after a day out on the slopes is…?
Sit back relax with ice cold Pepsi.
9. Describe your team a little. How many people make up your team and what is it about those individuals that make them such a good group?
My team is a great group made up of about 20 individuals. Their ability to get job done is amazing. With their hard work and dedication to making the best skiable terrain in this part of the of the northeast and adapting to what Old Man Winter provides (or sometimes doesn’t, LOL).
10. Your favorite place to eat in Ellicottville is…?
My favorite place to eat in town is Steelbound.
11. What’s your best Holiday Valley memory?
Being taught to ski. Then teaching my kids how to ski and making memories that are priceless.
12. Favorite slope? Why?
My favorite slope is Tannenbaum because I love the scenery.
13. How many days are you aiming to get on snow this season?
I would love to get 50 on the slopes for myself and 150 plus for our guests.
14. What’s one thing about Holiday Valley that everyone should know and/or what makes this place so special to you?
I’d say the commitment to customer service. We are always looking for new ways to stay committed to customer experience. New things they do to make it a 4 seasons resort and I have a feeling the best is still yet to come.