Age Group: 6-12-years-old
- Ability Level: Introduction to the sport with a beginner group lesson for older children.
- Lesson Time: A.M. Session 10 a.m.–Noon; P.M. Session 1–3 p.m; All Day Session 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Lesson Cost: $77 for a half-day session; $116 for an all-day session.
- Includes: Lift ticket, lesson with cocoa break and progress report and rental equipment (if needed). All-day session includes supervised lunch period with complimentary meal.
- Lifts Used: Scouts use the Magic Carpet/Boardwalk lift and may progress to the Handle Tow and Creekside Quad during the course of a lesson.
- Terrain Used: Scouts begin the lesson with boot games and drills on flat terrain with/without their skis on. Scouts progress to the slightly-inclined terrain serviced by the Magic Carpet/Boardwalk Lift and may progress to School Haus Run (the “bunny hill”) over the course of the lesson.
- In A Nutshell: This is the beginner lesson for elementary/middle school-aged children. The most basic building blocks of the sport are safely and skillfully introduced in a supportive and friendly learning environment. *If your child has skied before and can turn in both directions and stop on command, this probably is NOT the lesson group for him or her (try Pathfinders or Explorers instead).
- The Next Level: Scouts moving to the next level typically progress into our Pathfinders or Explorers groups.