Age Group: 6-12 years-old
- Ability Level: Beginner group lesson and introduction to snowboarding.
- Lesson Time: A.M. Session 10 a.m.–Noon; P.M. Session 1–3 p.m; All Day Session 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Lesson Cost: $77 for a half-day session; $116 for an all-day session.
- Includes: Lift ticket, lesson with cocoa break and progress report and rental equipment (if needed). All-day session includes supervised lunch period with complimentary meal.
- Lift(s) Used: Goat Ropers may use the Magic Carpet/Boardwalk lift and may progress to the Creekside Quad during the course of a lesson. Children at this level will not be introduced to the chairlift until they are able to control speed / stop on command.
- Terrain Used: Goat Ropers begin the lesson on flat terrain where they are introduced to their equipment (how to put on and take off snowboard, use of safety leash, etc.) and then progress to walking, skating and maneuvering in the flats before moving uphill.
- Children then move to a gentle pitch, such as the bottom of the School Haus run or the magic carpet beginner’s area, where they will focus on learning speed control-first through one foot turns, then by traversing the hill.
- In A Nutshell: This is the beginner lesson package for elementary/middle school-aged children. The most basic building blocks of the sport are safely and skillfully introduced in a supportive and friendly learning environment.
- The Next Level: Scouts moving to the next level typically progress into our Bull Doggers group.