Goat Ropers Level 1 Snowboarders
Age Group: 6-12 years-old
- Ability Level: Introduction to the sport with a beginner group lesson for older children.
- Lesson Time: A.M. Session 10 a.m.–Noon; P.M. Session 1–3 p.m; All Day Session 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Lesson Cost: $81 for a half-day session; $123 for an all-day session.
- Includes: Lift ticket, lesson with cocoa break and progress report and rental equipment (if needed). All-day session includes supervised lunch period with complimentary meal.
- Lift(s) Used: Goat Ropers use the Magic Carpet/Boardwalk lift and may progress to the Slippery Streets carpet during the course of a lesson. Children at this level will not be introduced to the chairlift until they are able to control speed / stop on command.
- Terrain Used: Goat Ropers begin the lesson on flat terrain where they are introduced to their equipment (how to put on and take off snowboard, use of safety leash, etc.) and then progress to one foot out games and drills in the flats before moving uphill. Goat Ropers then progress to the slightly-inclined terrain serviced by the MagicCarpet/Boardwalk Lift and may progress to longer Slippery Streets Carpet with both feet strapped in over the course of the lesson.
- In A Nutshell: This is the beginner lesson package for elementary/middle school-aged children. The most basic building blocks of the sport are safely and skillfully introduced in a supportive and friendly learning environment. *If your child has snowboarded before and can turn in both directions and stop on command, this probably is NOT the lesson group for him or her (try Bull Doggers instead).
- The Next Level: Goat Ropers moving to the next level typically progress into our Bull Doggers (Level 2) group.