Beginner Learn to Ski or Ride Packages
Beginners Age 12 and Up
We'll give you all the tools you'll need ...experienced instructors, excellent teaching terrain and state-of-the-art equipment. All you need is your warm clothes and a smile.
For beginner children's lessons, age 3 to 11 years, go to Mountain Adventures, also in the Creekside Lodge.
For first time skiers or snowboarders ages 12 and above. Includes School Haus area lift ticket, rental equipment and first time 1-1/2 hour group ski or snowboard lesson. Register and receive rental equipment at the Creekside Lodge. Day Lessons offered daily at 10:30 AM and 1:30 PM.
Bonus for learning to ski/ride at Holiday Valley...After your lesson you'll receive the "Rip 19 Card" which entitles you to unlimited 25% off lift tickets, lessons and rentals through December 2019.
January is Learn A Snowsport Month. Learn to Ski or Snowboard Packages are half price!
Learn-to-Ski Private $145
Learn-to-Snowboard Private $145
Night learn-to-ski or snowboard package $48 (available until March 16)
Bring a Friend Challenge
When a skier or rider brings a new person who purchases a learn to ski or snowboard package, the “ambassador” receives a 50% discount coupon for an adult 8 hour all area lift ticket for their next visit to Holiday Valley. The ambassador can also enter the national bring a friend promotion to win great prizes.
Adult Group Lessons and Rentals
Improve your skills with additional lessons. Buy a group lesson at $36 and get 20% off lift tickets and/or rental equipment. Lessons offered daily at 10:30AM and 1:30 PM. Register at the Ski School Desk and rent equipment in the Holiday Valley Lodge.
Learn to Ski/Ride Lodging Package
Stay midweek at the Inn at Holiday Valley and get a special rate on learning to ski or snowboard! There's no better way to relax and experience the joy of learning to ski or snowboard! With the lodging package, after your lesson you can swim in the outdoor heated pool, soak in the hot tub, steam in the cedar sauna and enjoy the atmosphere in the lobby where skiers gather to swap stories, play board games or enjoy a local microbrewed beer. Hit John Harvard's Brew House or one of the many fun restaurants in town, shop in Ellicottville's unique boutiques and have a relaxing sleep at the Inn at the base of the ski slopes. You'll be hooked on skiing or riding before you even make it back home!
January 1 through January 31 Stay midweek at the Inn (Sunday nights through Thursday nights) and get a FREE Learn to Ski or Ride package for all first timers in your room ages 12 and up. Excludes Sunday January 20, 2019. You'll also get a Rip 19 Card that entitles you to 25% off lessons, lift tickets and future midweek lodging reservations through December, 2019.
February 3 through March 14 Special pricing on midweek lodging with a learn to ski or ride package. You'll also get a Rip 19 Card that entitles you to 25% off lessons, lift tickets and future midweek lodging reservations through December, 2019.
January is National Learn A Snowsport Month!
Humans were not meant to hibernate. There's no better reason to get up off the couch and out into the fresh air than learning to ski or snowboard. Oh wait...how about a discount??? All during the month of January get a half priced learn to ski or learn to snowboard package! The daytime price is $33.50 and the price for a night package is $24. The Beginner's Package includes - beginner's lesson, beginner's lift ticket and rental equipment for skiing or snowboarding. Bring your friend, your spouse or your child - skiing and snowboarding are twice as fun when you have a buddy! Age 12 and up. You'll also get a Rip 19 Card that entitles you to 25% off lessons, lift tickets and future midweek lodging reservations through December, 2019.
Helpful Tips for First Timers
- Check out the national Learn a Snowsport website.
- Dress in warm, loose fitting layers.
- Wear a waterproof outer layer on the top and the bottom, warm gloves or mittens and a hat.
- Avoid wearing blue jeans (unless you like feeling soggy) and don't forget your long johns, sunscreen and sunglasses or goggles to protect your eyes.
- Bring a change of socks and some comfortable clothes for after skiing. If you put on dry socks before you put on your ski boots, your feet will stay much warmer.
- Plan to rent skis, boots and poles (or snowboard and boots) the first few times out. We have equipment specially designed for beginners, and our lift and lesson packages make learning affordable. You'll need to leave a credit card or ID in the rental shop while you're out skiing.
- Always take a beginner lesson whether you are skiing or snowboarding. Do yourself a favor and let our instructors introduce you to the sport. They make learning to ski or snowboard fun from the start! Even if your (pick one) boyfriend, girlfriend, uncle, cousin, mother-in-law is an awesome skier or rider, they probably don't know all of the little tips and tricks of teaching someone the sport. You have a much better chance of enjoying skiing or snowboarding if you take a lesson with a pro.
- Look for the green dots that direct you to the new Creekside lodge, located next to the Holiday Valley Lodge. You can purchase your Learn-to-Ski or Learn-to-Snowboard package there, rent beginner's equipment, plus get all of your questions answered.
- Plan to arrive at least one hour before you want your lesson to begin so you have time to sign up, get your equipment and soak up the excitement of the resort!. Lessons are at 10:30 AM and 1:30 PM.
- If you're lost or confused, ask any Holiday Valley staff for information. We're here to help!
- For a great learning experience check out our Learn to Ski/Ride Lodging Package.