Follow the Green Dots to the Creekside Lodge
The Creekside Lodge is headquarters for all beginner skiers and riders. When you first arrive at Holiday Valley park near the new Holiday Valley Lodge, and follow the green dots or ask one of our Hosts, dressed in a yellow jacket. They will lead you to the Creekside Lodge, where you can ask questions, rent equipment, sign up for a beginner's lesson or just relax by the fire and soak up the atmosphere with a complimentary hot cocoa or coffee. You’ll receive special attention on fitting your boots properly and how to use the new equipment. We'll give you all the tools you'll need ...experienced instructors, excellent teaching terrain and state-of-the-art equipment. All you need is your warm clothes and a smile. Beginner lessons are one and a half hours, offered between 9AM and 1:30 PM. And if you feel you need more help after your lesson, just let us know and you can continue with the next group. For ages 12 and over.
Find out about our learn to ski/ride packages that include lodging at the Inn at Holiday Valley. There's no better way to relax and experience the joy of learning to ski or snowboard! With the lodging package, after your lesson you can swim in the outdoor heated pool, soak in the hot tub, steam in the cedar sauna and enjoy the atmosphere in the lobby where skiers gather to swap stories, play board games or enjoy a local microbrewed beer. Hit John Harvard's Brew House or one of the many fun restaurants in town, shop in Ellicottville's unique boutiques and have a relaxing sleep at the Inn at the base of the ski slopes. You'll be hooked on skiing before you even make it back home!
For children under 12 years, go to Mountain Adventures, also in the Creekside Lodge.
January is National Learn A Snowsport Month!
Humans were not meant to hibernate. There's no better reason to get up off the couch and out into the fresh air than learning to ski or snowboard. Oh wait...how about a discount??? Weekdays during the month of January when you buy one learn to ski or learn to snowboard package you get one free! The Beginner's Package includes - beginner's lesson, beginner's lift ticket and rental equipment for skiing or snowboarding. So bring your friend, your spouse or your child - skiing and snowboarding are twice as fun when you have a buddy! Age 6 and up.
For a real treat and the perfect introduction to skiing or riding, check out the January Learn to Ski/Ride lodging package at the Inn at Holiday Valley. Stay midweek at the Inn (Sunday night Thursday nights) and get a FREE Learn to Ski or Ride package for all first timers in your room. Available for 2 adults and up to 2 children age 6-17. Excludes Sunday January 18, 2015.
For first time skiers or snowboarders. Includes School Haus area lift ticket, rental equipment and first time 1-1/2 hour group ski or snowboard lesson.
Private instruction also available. Register and receive rental equipment at the Creekside Lodge. Lessons offered daily at 10:30 AM and 1:30 PM.
Special Spring night lessons are available for beginners at 5:00 PM from March 14-March 22, 2015.
Learn-to-Ski Private $126
Learn-to-Snowboard Private $126
Night learn to ski/snowboard packages are available with one hour lessons at 5:30, 6:30 and 7:30. Register at the Rental Shop for $40.
1-2-3 GO Skiing! $185
Here's a great way to get started. This package includes 3 ski or snowboard lessons, beginner rental equipment and 3 lift tickets. The first beginner's lesson starts at the Creekside Lodge and the first lift ticket is for the School Haus beginner's area. The second and third sessions include more advanced lessons, equipment and lift tickets for the entire area. Register for your first lesson and get rental equipment at the Creekside Lodge. Restrictions apply. Ages 12 & over.
Learn to Ski/Snowboard Better Package
Keep improving your skills. Includes an all area lift ticket, equipment rentals and 1-1/2 hour group lesson. Private instruction also available. Offered daily at 10:30AM and 1:30 PM. Register at the Ski School Desk and rent equipment in the Holiday Valley Lodge.
Learn-to-Ski Better $99
Learn-to-Snowboard Better $99
Learn-to-Ski Better Private $178
Learn-to-Snowboard Better Private $178
Helpful Tips for First Timers
- Check out the national Learn a Snowsport website.
- Dress in warm, loose fitting layers.
- Wear a waterproof outer layer on the top and the bottom, warm gloves or mittens and a hat.
- Avoid wearing blue jeans (unless you like feeling soggy) and don't forget your long johns, sunscreen and sunglasses or goggles to protect your eyes.
- Bring a change of socks and some comfortable clothes for after skiing. If you put on dry socks before you put on your ski boots, your feet will stay much warmer.
- Plan to rent skis, boots and poles (or snowboard and boots) the first few times out. We have equipment specially designed for beginners, and our lift and lesson packages make learning affordable. You'll need to leave a credit card or ID in the rental shop while you're out skiing.
- Always take a beginner lesson whether you are skiing or snowboarding. Do yourself a favor and let our instructors introduce you to the sport. They make learning to ski or snowboard fun from the start! Even if your (pick one) boyfriend, girlfriend, uncle, cousin, mother-in-law is an awesome skier or rider, they probably don't know all of the little tips and tricks of teaching someone the sport. You have a much better chance of enjoying skiing or snowboarding if you take a lesson with a pro.
- Look for the green dots that direct you to the new Creekside lodge, located next to the Holiday Valley Lodge. You can purchase your Learn-to-Ski or Learn-to-Snowboard package there, rent beginner's equipment, plus get all of your questions answered.
- Plan to arrive at least one hour before you want your lesson to begin so you have time to sign up, get your equipment and soak up the excitement of the resort!. Lessons are at 10:30 AM and 1:30 PM.
- If you're lost or confused, ask any Holiday Valley staff for information. We're here to help!
- For a great learning experience check out our Learn to Ski/Ride Lodging Package.
Get more helpful tips at GetSkiing.net