Click here for details about Men's League 2014
Double Division 2014
Black Division 2014
Diamond Division 2014
Holiday Valley Men's League Rules
• Four-ball match play over 9-holes; two play their better ball against the better ball of two other players. The course Handicap of all four players is reduced by the Course Handicap of the player with the lowest handicap, who then plays from scratch. Each of the three other players is allowed 100 percent of the difference and the GHIN system allocates the 9-hole Handicap.
• Each hole is worth 1 point; tied holes are worth a ½ point, for a total of 9 points. Low net score is worth 1 point; your total score minus your 9-hole handicap; ties are also worth ½ point. Low team net score is also worth one point; ties are worth ½ point. The total match is worth 11 points!
• Most points at the end of the season determine the winner.
• Post your own scores in the handicap system immediately after golf.
• Post your own points on the score sheet in the Golf Shop.
• Sign and Attest your scorecard!
• Points must be posted by the following Tuesday night, if no points are on the score sheet by then, zero points will be awarded to your team!
• The schedule will determine which 9-holes to be played. The letter ‘F’ for ‘Front’ or ‘B’ for ‘Back’ will be between the two teams playing against one another.
• You must play the designated Front or Back nine-holes. Not playing the designated 9-holes will result in Disqualification of the match and zero points. The Starter is the only authority allowed to change your 9-hole match or Steve Carney and Kyle Benish in his absence.
• Call your opponent to determine the time of your match.
• In the event of the other team not being able to play or not showing up to play, your team has the option to ‘play against par’ or try to ‘make-up’ the match. In four-ball match play vs. par, two play their better ball against par of each hole with 90 percent of their 9-hole handicap. Use the available conversion sheet on the Men’s board to convert your handicap to 90 percent.
• The day you turn 70 years old; you can play from the forward men’s tees!
• USGA Rules in effect.
• Play ‘Summer Rules’ unless otherwise stated.
• Double and Black Divisions can tee off between 3pm and 4:30pm only!
• Diamond Division can tee off between 4:30pm and 6pm only!
• Double/Black Divisions must wait until the tee is clear of the Diamond Division before teeing off for another 9 holes or extra play!
• Please check with the Golf Shop or Starter before going to the tee!
• Good luck and have fun!