Stop Cancer Ski and Snowboard Event
An event to support cancer research, treatment and education will be held on February 28, 2015. Activities in the name of breast cancer awareness will include special riding and park clinics for women, a park contest open to men and women snowboarders and skiers, local shop demos, a cancer awareness outreach booth, silent and Chinese auctions and an awards reception party. Proceeds from Holiday Valley's event will go to the Buffalo area's Women's Oncology Program at Camp Good Days and other cancer centers in Western New York.
A BIG thank you to our Boarding for Breast Cancer sponsors in 2014...For the THIRD YEAR, the SKM Group integrated marketing communications agency. Our SECOND YEAR is i-Evolve Technology Services, and our FIRST YEAR sponsor is Towne BMW and Mini.
will be posted soon.
Here's how you can help...
1. Whether you're a snowboarder or skier (or just a really nice person) we welcome everyone to become a fundraiser for the cause. You don't have to participate in the clinic or park event to be a fundraiser.
2. Visit The Boardroom, just around the corner from HV and make a donation. The Boardroom has embraced this event for several years and they help bring in tons of product for prizes and the great auction on the day of the event.
3. Join a snowboarding clinic and/or the terrain event on February 28, 2015.
4. Join the Tribute Ride down Mardi Gras at 12:30 on Saturday. Register at the Mountain Top Warming Hut at noon.
5. The 'Pink Lift Ticket Option’ When you purchase a lift ticket starting February 1, you can donate a dollar to the cause and receive a pink ribbon sticker for your ticket or season pass.
8. An Auction will be held on Feb. 28 in the Holiday Valley Lodge! Chinese and silent auctions will start at noon for unique items and several themed baskets. For the Chinese auction you purchase tickets then drop them in the cans in front of the item you hope to win. For the silent auction you put your name and bid amount on a sheet, then the highest bidder wins.
Become a Holiday Valley Cancer Event Sponsor!
We will post a sponsorship form here to download soon.
Camp Good Days Women's Oncology Program
Holiday Valley's Cancer event will benefit The Women’s Oncology Program at Camp Good Days and Special Times which fosters support and provides women who are dealing with cancer the opportunity to share life experiences. Designed by women, for women, the Women’s Oncology Program addresses the risks, fears, and barriers of everyday life most women face during and after diagnosis and treatment. All of the Women’s Oncology Program sessions strive to help women strengthen and rebuild their physical and emotional well-being through group and individual activities
The Women's Oncology Adventure Program is a weekend camping experience for women ages 18+ who have dealt with cancer from recent diagnosis to remission. Opportunities may include waterfront activities such as fishing, boat rides, and swimming, as well as rock climbing, Ropes Course and other outdoor experiences. Programs take place at the Camp Good Days’ Recreational Facility, located on 13 ½ acres of waterfront property, on the shores of Keuka Lake, in the Village of Branchport, Yates County, New York.Check out this video from Camp Good Days!