Boarding for Breast Cancer
Together with The Boardroom, the fifth annual B4BC board-a-thon will be held on February 16, 2013. Activities in the name of breast cancer awareness will include special riding and park clinics for women, a park contest open to men and women snowboarders and skiers, local shop demos, a cancer awareness outreach booth, silent and Chinese auctions and an awards reception party. Proceeds from Holiday Valley's B4BC event will go to the Buffalo area's Women's Oncology Program at Camp Good Days and Boarding for Breast Cancer Awareness Programs.
A BIG thank you to our sponsors...the SKM Group integrated marketing communications agency and i-Evolve Technology Services, both Bronze level sponsors.
Fundraising Goal for 2013...$20,000. Our first 4 years have raised a total of almost $40,000, and with your help we know we can do this!
Check out this awesome video of the 2012 event.
Event Schedule February 16, 2013
8:30-10:30 Registration in the Birdie Room, top floor of the Holiday Valley Lodge
10:30 Women's Clinics: Freeride, Park and Learn to Ride. Meet in the Birdie Room.
12:00 Silent Auction Begins in the Birdie Room
12:30 Tribute Ride Down Mardi Gras. Register at Mt. Warming Hut at noon. $10 donation.
1:00 Breast Trick Contest in the Rail Park
3:30 Awards, Reception and Auction in the Birdie Room, upstairs in the Holiday Valley Lodge
All Day - visit the B4BC cancer outreach awareness tent and the demo tents on the Resort Services Center Plaza
Registration form for Clinic and/or Park Event. Fill out and fax to 716-699-5204 or mail to Holiday Valley, PO Box 370, Ellicottville, NY 14731.
Here's how you can help...
1. Whether you're a snowboarder or skier (or just a really nice person) we welcome everyone to become a fundraiser for the cause. Go to our B4BC Stay Classy Fundraising page to register and click on "Become A Fundraiser" at the top of the page, then follow the steps to custom create your own campaign. You'll be able to send a link to all of your friends and relatives and they can donate to your page with a click of the mouse. The top 3 fundraisers will win special a B4BC prizes. You don't have to participate in the clinic or park event to be a fundraiser.
2. Visit The Boardroom, just around the corner from HV and make a donation. The Boardroom has embraced this event for several years and they help bring in tons of product for prizes and the great auction on the day of the event.
3. Join a snowboarding clinic and/or the terrain event on February 16, 2013. The morning women's clinics include a learn to ride, learn to park and general freeriding clinics. The afternoon park event is open to men and women, snowboarders and free skiers. Entry is $40 for the clinics and/or the event. If you need a lift ticket, it is only $25, purchase at the Registration area. Registration form for Clinic and/or Park Event. Fill out and fax to 716-699-5204 or mail to Holiday Valley, PO Box 370, Ellicottville, NY 14731.
4. Join the Tribute Ride down Mardi Gras at 12:30 on Saturday. Register at the Mountain Top Warming Hut at noon.
5. The 'Pink Lift Ticket Option’ When you purchase a lift ticket starting February 1, you can donate a dollar to the cause and receive a pink ribbon sticker for your ticket or season pass.
6. Pink Silicone Bracelets will be available for $2 in Customer Service.
7. Visit John Harvard's Brew House in February for cool B4BC t-shirts.
8. The B4BC Auction will be held on Feb. 16 on the top floor of Holiday Valley Lodge! Chinese and silent auctions will start at noon for unique items and several themed baskets. For the Chinese auction you purchase tickets then drop them in the cans in front of the item you hope to win. For the silent auction you put your name and bid amount on a sheet, then the highest bidder wins.
Become a Holiday Valley B4BC Event Sponsor!
Download the sponsorship level form to learn more.
Boarding For Breast Cancer (B4BC) is a non-profit, youth-focused education, awareness, and fundraising foundation. Our mission is to increase awareness about breast cancer, the importance of early detection and the value of an active lifestyle. More info at www.b4bc.org.
Camp Good Days Women's Oncology Program
The Women’s Oncology Program at Camp Good Days and Special Times fosters support and provides women who are dealing with cancer the opportunity to share life experiences. Designed by women, for women, the Women’s Oncology Program addresses the risks, fears, and barriers of everyday life most women face during and after diagnosis and treatment. All of the Women’s Oncology Program sessions strive to help women strengthen and rebuild their physical and emotional well-being through group and individual activities
The Women's Oncology Adventure Program is a weekend camping experience for women ages 18+ who have dealt with cancer from recent diagnosis to remission. Opportunities may include waterfront activities such as fishing, boat rides, and swimming, as well as rock climbing, Ropes Course and other outdoor experiences. Programs take place at the Camp Good Days’ Recreational Facility, located on 13 ½ acres of waterfront property, on the shores of Keuka Lake, in the Village of Branchport, Yates County, New York.Check out this video from Camp Good Days!